Flies. Irritating, itchy and inevitable. They are a shared, mutual issue that all animal owners have to put up with every year. We ask you again, are you prepared?
We created This Fly Trap with animals in mind. Us humans have to suffer from flies but nowhere near the extremities your animals have to once the fly season is in full swing.
Our Fly Trap works in any area there are flies and will work to keep flies off your animal no matter the species. (Horse,cow,duck,chicken,sheep,dogs,wolves,pigs, the list is endless).
Having Fly Issues??
Flies can and will bother you, your children, horses, pets & other livestock & they carry diseases that no one would want to contract.
Take care of those horrible flies by baiting them to an area away from your family & then trapping them to leave you alone!
The fly net trap lures in flies to feed on the bait & then as the fly enters, the inside of the trap, the fly will not be able to figure out how to get back out of the trap.
Baiting flies is as easy as putting some expired food into the bait bowl or some old fish bait.
Flies love anything that is smelly and disgusting so the bait is not hard to come by. We do have an at-home recipe for fly bait by mixing in 1 cracked egg, 5 packets of Splenda, and 1 small packet of yeast.
Set it directly in the sun and as the sun begins to warm the bait up the flies will flock to the bait. Whatever you see the flies attracted to you can use as well (I know gross…..)
Some of the main baits our customers have had success with in the past:
- Wet Cat Food mixed with Beer or Water
- ”Bad Milk”
- Overripe, dry fruits
- Rotten fish / meat
- If you’re feeling creative, mix 65% powdered egg or 2 raw eggs with 25% yeast, 15% sodium bicarbonate and then mix with water to make a thick solution. Leave for a couple of days to let it become nice and stinky!
Using the trap to attract the flies will clear other areas that you would otherwise not want the flies in. We never place our fly net traps in the problem area but instead outside of the area. For instance, we set the flytraps outside of the stable away from the horses. The fly population will start shifting away from the horses and towards the fly net trap.
Setup is a breeze!
- Load tray with bait and place tray in the bottom ring. (You can make your own, anything super smelly works!)
- Hook the 2 interior hooks together to form the funnel which traps the flies,
- Hang somewhere & watch it fill up with flies!
So… How do you empty?
If you wish to empty and reuse your Fly Trap, you can either vacuum or shake the flies out through the small hole they entered in! They make great little snacks for your farm birds or chickens! 🙂
- ENJOY THE GREAT OUTDOORS – Go out without the annoyance of flies and other insects buzzing around you. The Fly Net Trap lures flies to an early demise without the use of harsh chemicals or noisy, messy electronic bug zappers.
- EASY TO USE – Simply hang the trap in your yard and let it attract flies with natural bait that you supply. Simply add fruits, baitfish, or other delicacies that flies can’t resist to the included pot and let nature run its’ course!
- KID AND ANIMAL-FRIENDLY – Safe to use around the home, outside of restaurants, and in livestock barns. Because natural bait is used, you and your family are free from exposure to chemicals used in other fly repellents.
- DURABLE – Made with lightweight, weather-resistant wire and plastic mesh, the Fly Net Trap can be used outdoors in all types of climates.
- REUSABLE FLY BAG – Empty your fly trap by disconnecting the bait pot and inverting the mesh funnel. Dead flies come falling out with ease. Then re-hang your trap and add more bait. Each trap will last around 3 months. You can then decide whether to empty it or replace it with a new one. Be sure to replace bait regularly to keep attracting flies.
Happy Customers from Facebook: